Friday, February 27, 2009

True Faith

I was wrong, wrong about so many things. The Empire is a lie; a place of ideas and actions gone sour and overwhelmingly wrong. It does not keep its word nor maintain its purpose. Whatever it was, it is no longer. My home, my Empire, has become some other, has lost its past to some future seeming. I cannot in good conscience continue to advance its cause. Therefore, I will not.

Nor will I abandon everything, as so many fools, when disillusioned, do. I will keep what is good and throw out the rest. I certainly won't be siding with the barbarous Republic. No, I would instead follow my Dream and my friends. I will see a world made where pacts are binding, where oaths and actions matter, where one can live upright, or be punished for lacking the faculty to do so.

The Empire is rotting, but the Nation is ready to be reborn. I will not succumb to the sickness of my home, not when I can rise instead, as if on flaming pinions. Even should the effort scour me to my very bones, I will build a world without sin. We will have Utopia, no matter how many must burn for it. No matter what, we will have Utopia.

The world demands nothing less.

No comments:

Post a Comment